October 3, 2010

Review: Ready or Not? by Chris Manby

Hey guys! I've been meaning to write this review couple of weeks ago, but, as usual, a friend called Procrastination kept on delaying me (haha) He's not around for today, so I decided to review this chick lit ASAP (before he comes back :D)

I've never read any books by Chris Manby before, and I decided to try this one. And guess what, I was hooked! While reading this book, I simply couldn't put it down.


The story plot is very simple, not complicated at all, it was about a woman named Heidi Savage who is engaged to a goody two shoes guy called Ed and along the engagement period, she was hesitated whether she's ready to get married or not to this one particular guy. She was terrified by the fact that his fiance's rugby friends kept bullying him, she could not take care of a six month old baby named Forester, the son of her best friend Kara who is now a single mother without the help by his fiance and the fact that she met his old ex-boyfriend named Steven and it brought back sweet, fond memories of them being together.

The ending was very predictable but I was laughing all the way through. This book is simply for those who wants a light and relax read. There's no pressure in reading this chick lit book.

On the scale of 1 to 10, I would give this book as 8. Fair enough I think.

Chris Manby is now definitely listed as one of my favourite author! I'm gonna grab more books written by her! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Salam Lisa.... his book sounds fun. I'm reading a book with quite a heavy theme right now. But, i'm so glad that I read your review on this book. Nice one!!

Here's my latest review. On The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly. Enjoy!!
http://coffeecrackers.blogspot.com/2010/10/book-of-lost-things-by-john-connolly.html

Lisa Farhana said...

Wslm hafiz. Yeah. You should give this book a try. It is really fun and definitely worth your time! Thanks for reading my very short review. I will read yours too! Btw, what are you reading right now?