September 28, 2010

Go shawty, it's my birthday!

Hey y'all! It's been a week since my 23rd birthday (feel so old, yet look so young, haha) and I was damn happy to see that so many people (including those whom I don't have any clue who they are) wished my birthday. 
Don't mean to brag, but I've got like 100 plus of FB notifications in my inbox! Thank you all once again.
I was quite touched, (and felt a little bit funny though) when my Mr. Giggles wished me a day earlier (he skipped a day earlier), seemed like he couldn't wait any longer to surprise me on my birthday. 

What was the surprise?

Hee.

He sang a Happy Birthday song for me! So sweet and cute of him!

And when I thought my family forgot about my birthday (except for my sister because I kept telling her to buy me pressies, hehe) they surprised me with a birthday cake, a blueberry cheese cake to be exact.

Surprisingly, I was blurred at that time.

*the sound of owl howled*

Then I came to my senses and I said thank you to my parents, and my sister of course.

Overall, it was a great birthday for me. 
Yes, I didn't get any presents or throw any birthday party, but I'm grateful enough to have such family and friends who didn't forget my birthday.
All I wish for is for my loved ones' happiness. And mine of course. 

How I wish I can be forever 21. But I can't. 
So instead, I wish for people out there to treat me like a 23 year old grown up. Please! 
I hate it when people say I look like a 16, 17 year old kid (I know I look young, but looks can be deceiving! And never judge a book by its cover, alright) 

May God bless us all. Amin.

2 comments:

Shy said...

Happy birthday to you!
I'm happy to hear that you'd a pleasant celebration. Lots of happy wishes on their way on this very special day!

Lisa Farhana said...

Thanks Shy! It was very thoughtful of you to wish my birthday. You have a great day too huh, fellow booklover! :)