October 5, 2010

Crushcrushcrush

I had a high school crush. His name is William. I didn't know much about him as he is just plain mysterious, who always read a book in a quiet corner. And that is what I like about him. He is the only exception for me.

"Hey Liz. There goes your vampire-looking crush." My friend, Haley said to me one morning, in the school cafeteria.

"How do I look?" I gussy up myself.

"Just the way you are. Not much difference." LOL. She's being supportive alright.

I flashed a bright braceface smile to him. He smiled back with crooked teeth of his and walked away.

Haley shook her head once William was out of sight.

"What do you like about him anyway? He looks dead to me."

"It's just a little crush. No big deal." I lied. It was a big deal to me. How I wish I have the guts to talk to him.

The next morning, I had a stomachache. Bloody Coke! (not the drugs alright) I shouldn't have drink a can during recess. Not many knows that I have a gastric gene inside of me.

 "Why in the world would you drink a Coke if you knew you will be having a gastric?" Haley asked me.

"Because you asked me to drink your bloody Coke!" I shrieked.

"Erk. Sorry. I bought the wrong can. I wanted a 100 plus, not a Coke." Haley made her puppy-eyed face.

I rolled my eyes.

"Why don't you just go to the toilet and finish your misery business once and for all?" Haley suggested.

"Nah, I don't feel like doing that. I just need to burp." And so I burped.

"Gross Liz! Not in the public!"

"There's no one here." I looked around the cafeteria. The rest of the students have gone back to their classes. There were only a couple of students left. The bell has rung.

And so I burped again. This time I let out a big one I almost squawked. It was not like there's anyone here besides me and Haley right? Oh man. It felt so relieved.

"Liz..."

"What?"

"Your crush..." Haley whispered.

"Huh? I can't hear you!" I leaned in to her across the table.

"Your crushcrushcrush!" She almost squealed and pointed to me, to my back to be exact.

"Wow, you sure are amazing!" I heard a soothing boyish voice.

Oh no.

I turned my back and saw him. Yes. It was him. The William.

He gave me a big thumbs up with a very wide, big grin.

"Man, that was really cool! We should compete sometime. I was the Champion of Burping for three years in a row. You sure can beat the hell out of me. Catch ya later!" He grinned again and made his way to the class.

I stared at Haley in horror. Oh my God!

"Hey, don't say that I didn't warn you. Look on the bright side, he's talking to you now." Haley laughed.

Now all my dreams of being romantic with William are crushed. I can only imagine him burping out alternately with me like a couple of mating frogs. Great.

The End.

P/s: This is just a short story fiction that I wrote to win a pair of Paramore's concert tix. What do you guys think? :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!!! U ARE DEFINITELY GONNA WIN!!!

p/s: menang bawak saye ye :D